I wouldn’t have been sure before, and I’m still not completely sure now, but I might be doing something right with this blog as I have been nominated for a second award! How cool is that?!
Kittens on a Twitten nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award on 17 June 2015, so that makes two award nominations (when I take into account my earlier Liebster Award nomination). Thanks Kittens on Twitten!
For those of you who don’t know Kittens on a Twitten, she writes about investing, renovating and recycling, and while she has only been doing it for a short while I recommend that you drop by her post as it has some very interesting posts.
The rules for this are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thanks Kittens on a Twitten!)
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other amazing blogs
Seven facts about me
While I had already given a stack of facts when I got my Liebster Award nomination, I had to think up seven different things which are as follows:
- We recently realised that our net worth is more than $500k. Woohoo!
- My wife is currently trying the “I quit sugar” diet, so our house has switched to a range of different foods that we wouldn’t normally eat. The meals, while quite different, actually taste great, and aside from being very healthy they are also very affordable.
- Today is the 30th of June, which is a big day for us accountants (the Australian financial year finishes on 30 June), so I am glad to be at home with the financial year over. Now we have to do it all again tomorrow!
- I exercise every morning (with exceptions for when I am away or hungover, which isn’t very often at all!), and have done so for the last 10 months. It has had an amazing effect on my physical fitness, work/life balance and general energy.
- I’m currently reading “All Quiet on the Western Front”, which is quite an old book about german soldiers in World War I. My uncle said that he was reading it and I was quite intrigued, so I picked up a copy from my local library.
- I quite like the blog The Art of Manliness, even though it isn’t really about personal finance at all. It has charm and class and a focus on encouraging men to be real men (a bit like the gentlemen of the old world), and I believe that a lot of men today could become better people by taking some lessons from this blog.
- I have been on a low information diet for about six months, and I have found it so refreshing to not waste time endlessly focussing on news, pointless current affairs or gossip. It really does allow you to pay more attention to more rewarding things.
Some of my favourite blogs
Some of my favourite blogs that I have been reading a lot of lately include:
- Simple Living in Suffolk
- Lifestyle Accountant
- Retirement Investing Today
- The Reality Cheque
- The Art of Manliness
Thanks again to Kittens on a Twitten!